My job sends me to Toronto a couple times per year and I’m lucky that my client is right in the heart of Yorkville. Yorkville is an elegant area with a ton of great shopping and cute boutique restaurants. I’ve done my best to eat my way through Yorkville (SO many options) but here are some of my favorites.
- Cibo Wine Bar. This place has a bit of a cult following with some of my co-workers. We have to eat there every time I travel in with them. The food is always good and the service is on point.
- The Oxley. The first time I ate here, I stumbled in from the cold street with a group based on a hotel front desk recommendation. It is warm, cozy and serves the best British comfort food.
- Trattoria Nervosa. I know, I’ve listed two Italian restaurants but they both deserve a place on my list. The food is good and the setting is adorable – it’s in a cute house style restaurant. Be warned that the patio gets busy if you have your heart set on it.
- Matisse Restaurant & Bar. I always stay at this Marriott when I’m in town so I’ve had a lot of meals at this hotel restaurant but the food in consistent and the service is always good.
- Prairie Girl Bakery. I cannot get enough of the cupcakes at Prairie Girl (unfortunately for my waist line). They have the most fantastically fabulous frosting ever. I have had SO MANY flavors and they’re all amazing. I go back every single time I’m in town.